WLS is looking for an Ecologist/Environmental Scientist to join our team in Ohio.
At Water & Land Solutions (WLS) we place equal value in growing personal relationships and positively impacting the environment throughout the process. WLS provides opportunities to work in a positive flexible space dedicated to technical excellence. We strive to put people first and our expertise, work ethic, and focus creates a dynamic and rewarding experience. WLS is a rapidly growing company with offices in five states.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] We’re an equal opportunity employer.
Field Ecologist/Environmental Scientist Duties:
The Field Ecologist/Environmental Scientist is expected to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, independent problem solving, and ability to perform physically demanding field work. This position requires coordination across the company, with an educational background and work experience in natural resources, environmental sciences, engineering or related discipline.
- Collect field data: vegetation, channel surveys, soils analysis, wetland delineation, shallow groundwater wells, water quality, benthic macroinvertebrates.
- Assist with restoration designs and support mitigation plan reports.
- Post-construction monitoring to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Treat invasive species and other maintenance tasks (i.e. easement signage, fence repair).
- Complete wetland delineations and submit JD requests to USACE.
- Assist with environmental permit applications including 401/404 (PCN).
- Provide construction oversight assistance, easement marking, and baseline monitoring set-up.
- Minimum three years of experience in ecological services.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 including Teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge or experience with ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to hike 10 miles in rough terrain with 25 lbs of equipment in inclement weather.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Retirement plan match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Cell phone stipend
- Performance based bonuses